Dec 15, 2008

POTD Fifteen

In 1990 my dh bought me this southwest nativity. Since our home was decorated southwest it stayed out all year long. When we moved to Utah 4 years ago (amazing, huh?) and we changed our decorations it just stayed packed away except at Christmas time. This year when I got it out I realized how much I've missed this sweet little nativity and I am very likely to leave it out this year. (Along with the Christmas quilt that stayed up all of 2008!!)

Photobucket

This little nativity always make me think of the wonderful Primary Hymn Samuel Tells of Baby Jesus by Mabel Jones Gabbott. I love the Hosanna chorus... it just speaks to my heart!

Said Samuel, “Within five years A night will be as day.
And baby Jesus will be born in a land far, far away.”
Hosanna, hosanna, O let us gladly sing.
How blessed that our Lord was born.
Let earth receive her King.

Across the sea in Bethlehem,
Lord Jesus came to earth
As Samuel had prophesied,
And angels sang his birth.
Hosanna, hosanna, O let us gladly sing.
How blessed that our Lord was born.

2 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

Isn't it fun to be old enough to leave up whatever we want for as long as we want?? I remember this little navitity from your other home. Happy Christmastime, Joanie!!

leannewitney said...

I have a small problem with buying a new nativity or two every year. I LOVE them!!!! The Hosanna chorus gets me every time! My sweet Carrie loves singing that part, and it will forever hold a place in my heart as it is her first Christmas song she learned in Primary. (Great minds think alike, I think!)