Dec 4, 2008

POTD Four

Nine years ago just after I'd gotten my little Beetle-car (whose name happens to be Beatrix) I was at a New Year's soccer tournament in Simi Valley, CA with Stuart. There was a lady there who had these wonderful vinyl Christmas lights on the back of her Suburban. I HAD to have some!! I contacted the person who made them and ordered two sets; one for me and one for Bek. By the time Christmas 2001 rolled around this person was no longer in business and I couldn't get lights (*sniff*sob*).

Since moving to Utah, where everybody and their brother has a vinyl cutting machine I've tried to get someone to make these lights for me, but (*sniff*) I couldn't get them.

So this year I took matters into my own hands and went to Robert's Crafts, purchased some window vinyl, got out my scissors (I don't need no stinking cutting machine) and made my own lights (said the Little Red Hen!!).

Photobucket

I'm happy enough with the results and have enough material left to make similar lights for 3 more years! Who knows, maybe by next year I will find more colors!

2 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

Hey Little Red Hen-let, I llike your lights on the car. I also have been enjoying your photos so very much this week. You have really taken so nice ones! They are so very nice! Perhaps you might want to print out the tree one for you neighbors. They would probably love the view of their tree from a side they never see.
Thanks, Joanie, for seeing the lovely in life. Annie

Anonymous said...

The lights on your car are so cute. What a fun idea. I may copy them...or not. Don't know at this moment but I really like yours.