Dec 27, 2008

POTD Twenty-Seven

These funny girls are back!! I looked out the window and what did I see? Four little deer traipsing across my yard. By the time I got my camera they'd run down the street (thanks, snowball-Stuart) but I got them anyway. I enjoy looking at the snow every morning to see what the girls have been up to.

Photobucket

They don't see to be too intimidated by us moving into their neighborhood. We've had them literally on the front porch!

Last year their favorite treat was to eat my ivy right up by the front porch... and you know what they left me in return? Reindeer candy just like Granddad Wayne's little poo-ing reindeer. When the snow finally melted last March we had a trail of deer poo across the corner of our yard.

Funny girls... welcome back!

2 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

Love the deer. I remember watching them on the mountain last fall. So much fun that you enjoy them in spite of their visiting Joanie's produce department, as demonstrated by chomped off tulips, ivy and I don't know what else.
Had to laugh about your comment regarding Grandad Wayne. I think he helped to rake up your lawn last spring one day when we were there and he was bored.
Sarah got a kick out of your comment!
YLS

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.