Dec 24, 2008

POTD Twenty-Four

For over 25 years I've made cinnamon rolls on the morning of Christmas Eve. Some years I've made a double batch and taken them to friends, sometimes it's just for family. Now my Camille-y is 23 and we make them together. Gordon walked into the kitchen this morning and commented on how nice it was that we were doing this together.

Photobucket

We have carried on the Christmas Eve tradition of making taquitos from scratch. This tradition goes back to having Christmas Eve at Auntie P's. One year she was pressed for time and needed help so I sent Camille down and that became their happy tradition.

Our first Christmas in Utah (4 years ago- and may I add the first time in 19 years that we WEREN'T with Auntie P) I went to Albertson's in Orem to buy the meat and tortillas. I called P and started crying; when I couldn't find the meat I found a clerk and bawling asked him for help finding the canned meat!! Poor guy! He didn't know not being able to find canned meat was such an emotional subject!

I love these wonderful traditions that add depth to our celebrations.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

Sarah E Boucher said...

Soooo yummy! My mouth is just watering looking at those. And I don't even think I can eat those anymore! And yet...maybe just a nibble (of anything tasty during this holiday season!).

Mom and Dad said...

I want your recipe!! (See my blog . . .)
And thanks for the ElfYourself dance.
You are so great!! I need to figure out exactly how you DO that! Love ya, Ann

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.