Dec 20, 2008

POTD Twenty

Wow... day 20! I can't believe it! I am enjoying this project so much.

You would think that long before now (my 4th winter in Utah) I would have bought some good snow boots, but alas, I hadn't... UNTIL YESTERDAY!

I wanted to do a little Christmas shopping and had a limited amount of time. I thought, "Where can I go that will be one-stop shopping?" And then it hit me... the BYU bookstore! Yea! The first thing I saw when I walked in the door were these boots (and you may not believe this); they were calling my name! Better yet, they had my size. I asked the very helpful salesgirl to hold them along with some other secret presents while I went further into the store do the rest of my shopping.

When I left the Wilkinson Center I was taken by surprise by a blizzard (well, maybe not that bad, but it makes for a good story). I'd only been inside a scant hour and there was already a couple of inches on the ground and more coming down... Now where did that come from?

I drove the short distance to the Provo Temple to work as a substitute for the evening and ran inside in the same shoes I'd left the house in. When I came outside it'd stopped snowing but there was about 6 inches on the ground and all over my car. Now I ask you... what should I do? Yup, I pulled my boots out of the trunk and put them on. They were so nice and warm and fuzzy and tall... THAT I DID A HAPPY-BOOT DANCE RIGHT THERE IN THE PARKING LOT! singing- Happy Boots, happy boots! (Do you suppose anyone was watching?)

potd 20

Here's the rest of the story... no boots...yea... and no ice scrapper either! So there I am... happy-boot-dancing and scrapping 1/2" of ice off with windows, headlights and tail lights my insurance card!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Those are the cutest boots I ever met. You go, girl!

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

LOL! I can just see you doing the happy boot dance. And scraping ice with an insurance card... priceless.

Cindy

Sarah E Boucher said...

I have had a little drama with boots, but as with all else, perhaps I have outgrown it. Toasty toes are soooo cozy. Maybe if I can find galoshes in pink or something.... maybe then I can do a happy boot dance.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.