Dec 29, 2008

Sharing...

We have almost no photos of our parents together. The few we do have are blurry, over-exposed, or both!

So when I wanted to do yesterday's post about them I decided that it was time to take matters into my own [photoshop]hands! I took two photos that they'd taken of each other in about 1940 in some field with an unidentified house in the background. I extracted Momma from her background and added her to Daddy's photo, a few magic blending tricks, some cool texture (thank you Cindy) and now I have a lovely heritage photo of my folks together... where they belong!!

I made a 12 x 12 scrapbook page for my lesson (visual aid, you know). When I got home from church I put it up on my workroom wall. But then I got to thinking... I would really like that for my wallpaper on my laptop. So I created this digital version that fits a wide screen.

Photobucket

Then I thought... I'll bet that more of the family might like it as well. So if you want this, right-click, save image as, after saving, double click, right-click and set as wallpaper.

Love you all... enjoy.

3 comments:

Bouchizzle said...

WOW! You are amazing. You never would have guessed that they weren't in the picture together originally. I have really enjoyed your POTD! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kimi kreations said...

it looks GREAT Joanie!!!
I have to tell you... I love your blog set up. I still don't know how to rearrange mine. I just keep posting away. Let me know what template you are using if you don't mind?