Sep 3, 2009

246- Sweet Baby K...

Several months ago a friend, who reads my blog, asked me if I would do a photo shoot of her baby when she was born. I told her I would be pleased to... and today was the day! Presenting sweet baby K...

246- K

I've taken thousands of photos of my own kids and grandkids, but I've never done an *official* photo shoot before. I knew that I needed to bank on the rule of numbers... take scads of photos and you are bound to end up with some good ones.

246- K2

I uploaded 338 photos files from my 8 GB card. The first time I went through them I thought, "Ahhh, these are awful!!" I don't know what I was expecting... so I gave it two more reviews before I started pulling out the ones I thought might have some promise.

246- K3

I opened them in Photoshop Elements 7 and did a little fiddling and color adjusting and found that I really hadn't done so badly after all. I spent the afternoon editing 58 *keepers*. I am so grateful for all the things I've learned over at the Spraground. I was amazed what just a little of this and a little of that can do to turn an ok photo into a POW- photo. The other thing that was invaluable to me today was the Perfect Workflow action by Erin... what a time-saver!

246- K & mama

I also got photos of big brother and sister. What a precious family.

246- M

246- X

Andrea asked me on Facebook if this was a new career... ummm, NO... just an extension of my need to create!

(applies to all photos- BRUSHES- Worn_HighRes003, Script_Brushes_by_LadyVictoire, RhonnaFarrer_2ps_SnapShotFrameKit, FONT- Angelic War, Felix Titling ACTION- DPMoms Perfect Workflow)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joanie:
You did a fantastic job on the photos. I know you may not realize it, but all photographers go through the mistakes to find the precious gems. I love the ones of the other kidlets too. Great Job.
Love, Sue

Breanne said...

I have been checking all day to see when you posted your picture of the day! They look great. I can hardly wait to see more. You are such a gem and I really appreciate all you have done and helped me with. And guess what her nasty little belly button thing fell off tonight, too bad it wasn't last night:) Oh well. See you soon and Thanks again.

Dean and Sheri said...

I love your "need to create"! The baby AND the photos are beautiful. And those darling little siblings...you captured pure sweetness. I'm so glad you posted these and I don't even know this little family.

Laura H said...

Wonderful!! Loved them

Sarah E Boucher said...

Adorable auntie! You are developing such an eye for these things!