Oct 5, 2009

278- Alpine Loop... Again

I love the yearly tradition that my friend, De-LOR-ee-us, and I have of driving the Alpine Loop each fall. This is our 5th year! When I first moved here I was assigned as a visiting teacher to DeLoris and two other elderly ladies. As we all know, there are always changes in visiting teaching assignments so I don't *visit* her anymore but that hasn't changed the friendship that DeLoris and I have. (I've written about DeLoris before you can go here or click on the DeLoris label to read more.)

Last year I had to spring DeLoris from rehab to make this trip! We decided today that it never looks the same. Each drive is new and unique in the vistas that are offered. We were quite surprised to find that yesterday's rain here brought snow to the mountains (again, we had snow in the mountains last Wed.) Since fall blew in, literally over night last week, most of the aspen tree are still green but now have snow on them. The good news is that there wasn't enough snow to cause damage to the trees.

278- Alpine Loop

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing image, Joanie! I love the composition and colors!