Oct 24, 2009

297- Just Can't Make Up Its Mind!

I was out wandering in my garden and found this funny petunia. When I bought and planted it back in May it was definitely a purple ruffled petunia with touches of white on the outside edges...

BUT LOOK WHAT ITS DONE...

297- petunia
BRUSHES- Hof3 Sample Kit, FONT- Papyrus ACTION- DPMoms Perfect Workflow, TEXTURE- water stain

This is the same plant, but now it is a white ruffled petunia with tiny touches of purple in the center. I've wondered if the cooler temperatures and shorter days have caused this. I wish there was some way I could save her through the winter. Maybe I will experiment and dig her up and bring her inside for the winter. Wouldn't that be a treat to have a blooming petunia inside in December?

1 comment:

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

Petunias are only an annual in colder climates. They actually come from So. America and are a perennial there. I've had some last through the winter in sheltered spots and continue the following year. Bring one inside and it may work!