Oct 12, 2009

285- Salt Lake City Cemetery

Today Gordon and I made another explore up to the Salt Lake City Cemetery. Many of his relatives are buried there. Today we went in quest of his great-great grandfather William Lewis and his wife Martha. As with many of the graves from that long ago they are not marked in any way. All there is to see is a blank expanse of grass where the map says they are buried.

285- SLCC

I've always loved the peace that I feel in a cemetery. The Greenville Cemetery was one of my favorite place to go when I was growing up. When I'm in the dentist's chair and *need to go to my happy place* it is always the little Greenville Cemetery. Odd, but there you are!

1 comment:

Mom and Dad said...

Think of how much area in a cemetery that has been blessed as a "final resting place". . . creating that peacefulness.
Love the pic of the grass -- with the stones fuzzy in the background.
When we went to the Oddfellows' Cem in Clarendon to find Caraway graves, a lot of it had gone to prairie grass and wildflowers. The ladies who took Sue & I were shocked and apologetic. To me, that cemetery represented the Texas prairie where our people had lived out their lives.