Oct 6, 2009

279- Dear Friends

Is there anything happier than meeting with old friends? It can be a month, a year, or many years; but as soon as you are reunited there is that instant feeling of comradeship that was present *years ago*!

279- S & J
Sheri and Joanie... today!

Today I had one of those meetings. Sheri and I were friends ages ago when they moved to Palmdale. It didn't take long for us to form a bond of friendship... how many people do you know that have 3 preschoolers?... that is willing to trade babysitting?? Our children were very close in age. Spencer and Justin went to kindergarten together and we carpooled. Sheri watched my kids while I was involved in the CHI foreign student visiting program. She listened to my woes and I listened to hers. We had picnics, family dinners (complete with me cutting my finger and needing stitches!), and lots of fun.

Then the *unthinkable* happened Sheri was pregnant and commented to me that she was twice as tired and sick as with her other children. I said jokingly, "Maybe you're having twins!" (bwahahahahaha) Guess what? She did! We laughed and cried about our mutual predicament of having lots of babies (of course, now Sheri was going from 3 to 5!) It drew our friendship closer.

Then (sniff!) Sheri and her family moved to *far-a-way* Utah. We've visited a few times since then... but today Sheri took the bull by the horns and came down here to see me! What fun! I told her I would repay the visit... SOON!

279- twins with twins
Our sweet sets of twins
Camille and Aubrey - - - Stuart and Larissa
November 1990

BRUSHES- Hof3 Sample Kit, FONT- Papyrus ACTION- DPMoms Perfect Workflow, TEXTURE- JB's granite

1 comment:

Dean and Sheri said...

Oh Joanie...I had such a wonderful time visiting with you yesterday. When I got home I told Dean that it felt like no time at all had passed since I last saw you even though it's been at least 15 years! Thank you for being, not only a wonderful person but, a wonderful, loving friend. I've made a vow not to let so much time pass before we visit again. And I love the photo of the kids! How fun...
I love you.
Sheri