Oct 13, 2009

286- Holly Berry Tree

I'm not sure if this is a holly berry tree or not. But that is what it looks like to me.

First I saw the leaves and berries on the grass... they just looks so picturesque. I had to capture them.

286- holly berry leaves

Then I turned around and there was the tree! Wow, what a beauty.

286- Holly berry tree

I will be back tomorrow with more photos of this wonderful tree.

Trees
by Alfred Joyce Kilmer (1886-1918)*
I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.
A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the earth's sweet flowing breast;
A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;
A tree that may in Summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;
Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.
Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.

2 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

Joanie, thanks for your wonderful appreciation of things!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dean and Sheri said...

Oh Joanie...I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE that poem and it's been such a LONG time since I've read or heard it. Thank you so much. And I LOVE Holly Berry's. My great grandparents had a LARGE Holly tree in their side yard in Arkansas. As a child I assumed that the prickley nature of the tree was to protect those beautiful, beautiful berries. I tried to grow a holly shrub in our back yard. She just never felt at home there and languished. I was sad...Thanks for the great photos.