Oct 3, 2009

275- The Birds and the Bees

Whoa! Look out of the way! No, wait... come back... it's not that talk!

We harvested the last of our fruit for the season. Our poor apple tree didn't get sprayed enough this year so our yield wasn't as good as I'd hoped. We only got 6 scant boxes as compared to last years 14 boxes!

I was amused as I was picking to see that my little friends have been enjoying *Joanie's Bountiful Harvest* as well. A clever bird ate his fill on this apple. I wonder if he did it all in one sitting; if so, how could he fly away! He ate all the way down to the skin and only left one little slice behind the core... clever bird!

275- birds

I've never minded sharing the plenty of my yard with my little feather and/or winged friends. But I have to tell you that this one surprised me! Doesn't this look like a shark has taken a bite out of this pear? But, sorry, no land sharks in Springville this year. It is only bees gorging themselves on this soft, ripe pear. Who would have thought it!

275- bees

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've always welcomed and cared for anyone that came across your doorstep. The word must have got out. Everyone loves to eat at Joanies. Oh, I had pancakes with yummy cherry syrup today. Thanks, see not even here and taking care of me.

Mom and Dad said...

Your pictures, even of ravaged fruit, are wonderful. I love your word-pic of a very fat piggy-bird, just barely aloft as he paddles his way through the air, all full of apple.
The bee pic is wonderful!
Joanie, you have such a gift for SEEING!