Jan 8, 2010

008- SAD Experiment

My title and photo have an interesting relationship: winter brings icicles and SAD.

008- icicles

SAD has been around for ages but just got it's fancy new name recently. Previously it was known as "cabin fever", the blues, the doldrums, etc. And over the years I've been *affected* (yes, I know effected) by SAD.

This year I am being pro-active in my fight against Seasonal Affective Disorder. I know that sunshine is a wonderful antidote for SAD. I am blessed that we are mostly above the *inversion layer* that impacts Salt Lake and Utah Valleys.

I blogged about basking back on New Year's Eve. Wow... how wonderful is it to bask? Just ask you four-legged friends. You can just feel that sun warming you to the bone!

That first day of basking I'd been working outside and could tolerate the cold for a while. Since then I've found a better place than out on the deck in the 20* weather! I just watched Harley; he's the man! On the foot of our bed between 9:30 and 11:30 AM I have the perfect basking place! I open the curtains, pull up the the blinds and bask away! I'll keep you posted on my treatment program.

P. S. If you don't have natural light you can get full-spectrum light bulbs that may help. My sweet niece swears by them.

1 comment:

Mom and Dad said...

Good for your, Joanie!! Hope it works!! Maybe part of the problem is being tired from the holidays too.