Mar 26, 2009

085- Sir Isaac [fig]Newton

I know that technically this should have been yesterday's post, but you know what? When I get up with the boys at 6:15 I'm pretty worthless when it gets to be evening! So here, today... I present...

Sir Isaac [fig] Newton (did you notice that he bears a striking resemblance to my grandson Tadhg?)

085- Sir Isaac [fig]Newton

The school presented a *wax museum* last night. Each of the 5th-8th students chose a character they wanted to represent and then wrote their own script. They gathered in various quads (each grade level in a different quad) then the visitors would approach and touch each *exhibit* which would come to life and give a short biography about themselves. I was amazed at the depth of preparation that these students (and costume-making parents; yes, Rebekah made Tadhg's costume... what a gal!!) went to.

085- wax museum group

I took 60 photos. I am always amazed at how appealing youth is! They were all so beautiful/handsome and brimming with promise.

085- Tadhg walk

7 comments:

Lillie said...

What an incredible costume! - Handsome kid too :)

leannewitney said...

I feel dumb for asking this, but how do you pronounce your grandson's name? I think that the wax museum idea is so cool! I love the red hair...

Skinner Family said...

Great costume!! When are you planning on going home? I am taking the kids to Utah the first of the week and Clay is joining me that weekend. He mentioned wanting to try and catch you.

Joanie said...

Leanne, Never feel dumb. This is the Gaelic (Irish) spelling Say T-A-G (long a... the d and h are silent... and whoever heard of the consonant sequence dhg?)
Hugs,
Joanie

Lillie said...

Joanie, Just wanted to let you know I made your "Roasties" for dinner tonight. - I actually made them last night too, but they were only so so. (I thought I'd hurry the process by extending the boiling time - bad idea!) Anyway, tonight they were great! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Jessica said...

How cool is that? Maybe I will incorporate that into some homeschool activity... hmmm... the wheels are turning!

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

GREAT costume! WOW! So awesome!!!!

Cindy