Nov 11, 2009

315- Veteran's Day

Are there just days in your life that go way back in you memory? Veteran's Day is one of those with me. Growing up in California we always had that day off from school and Mom would remember all the veterans who sacrificed so much for our freedom. It has only been in the last few years that I've realized why this was. Both of my uncles, my Mom's younger brothers, fought in WWII. They had Black Out warnings in Oakland. This was real... just like my experience with the Vietnam War and friends who left and never came home.

I am grateful for the brave men and women who are willing to put it all on the line for the rest of us! That is no small offering.

I am also grateful this day, and ever other holiday, for the Boy Scouts, and their leaders, in our neighborhood (ward) who get up early and put up flags in everyone's yard; then in the evening they come and collect them. I love being able to look up and down my streets and see our flag flying in every yard. I love my neighborhood and country!

315- flag bokeh
FRAME- SP_ShabbyBorders1_StraightShabbyBorder, FONT- Georg, Freebooters Script JOURNALING PATH- JSprague_4-squareTemplate BRUSHES- RhonnaFarrer_2ps_SnapShotFrameKit, ACTION- DPMoms Perfect Workflow, TEXTURE- Soft-Faux-n-Grunge-Bokeh by SkeletalMess (set on color burn 78%)

No comments: