May 3, 2010

123- French Lilacs

My lilacs have toiled bravely through the recent snow storms- trying very hard to bloom. I remember as a girl going out to knock the snow off our lilac bushes with a broom. It always distressed me! I don't get too bothered about it now... no point! But I've missed the warmer temperatures so I can open my windows and let the lilac's fragrance waft in.

123- lilac script
FONT- Albemarle Swash, ACTION- DPMoms Perfect Workflow, PW Lovely and Ethereal, BRUSH- RhonnaFarrer_2ps_SnapShot_Horizontal6, MCO_BohoFlourishes06, 17GrungeBorderBarsBrushSet, TEXTURES- WritingonParchment2

On a side note~
I spent most of the day cutting out bridesmaid dresses. I have 4 of them all cut and ready to sew.

And by 5pm it had finally dried out enough to go out and mow the lawn. It had been 10 days! I had to empty the bag every few passes! I keep hoping that I can just mulch and put all of those wonderful nutrients back in the grass... but no luck so far; it's just been too wet.

No comments: