May 16, 2010

136- Poppies

Our short wedding trip to St George UT was just over 24 hours... but it seemed so much longer. It's been ages since we've gone and stayed in a motel. It was so nice to see our friends again.

On our way down yesterday I notice that for about 20 miles north of St George they've sown multi-colored poppies along the I-15; they were in full bloom. What a gorgeous sight! I'm used to acres upon acres of the orange California Poppy, but these reminded me of the Icelandic Poppies.

136- pink poppy

Today, Gordon made a quick stop for me so I could capture these beauties. He is always so good to accommodate me when I want to stop for photos.

136- poppies

1 comment:

Mom and Dad said...

No wonder Gordie stops, when you take pics like this. I think he is proud of you!!
I love poppies!