Aug 4, 2010

216- Well, Hail!

As I walked out of the Temple this afternoon I was enveloped in that wonderful *just rained* smell mingled with the riot of flower blooming on the Temple grounds. I wish there was a way to capture smells the way we can capture images!

When I arrived home I was pretty excited because the thundershowers had cool it off considerable. After kickin' it for about an hour I went out to mow the lawn... trash day tomorrow.

I was about 2/3 finished with the front lawn when there was an all-might thunderclap like a cannon and then it started to pour! Do I even need to say that I finished the job? By the time I finished 15 minutes later the rain had turned to HAIL! OK, not Texas hail... just wimpy Utah hail... but it still hurt when it pelted me so I hid under the grape arbor until it let up enough to dash the lawn mower away in the shed and high-tail it into the house. Yep, I was dripping!

I went in and showered and when I finished drying my hair I came to my creative room and I saw, I SAW... THIS!!!

216- willow break

It didn't look like that when I was mowing! just 20 minutes earlier! Since then I ran out between pelting torrential rain and cut off the broken part so it won't do any more damage... but I think that whole branch will have to come off!

216- break

1 comment:

Dean and Sheri said...

"Oh Hail" is right. It's such a pretty little tree. So sorry Joanie. And BTW...YOU callin' ME a sick woman?! How 'bout the lady that keeps mowing in the hail and
thunder(there had to be lightening too)?! Huh? Not THAT'S sick!
Love ya anyhow, crazy lady...
Sheri