Sep 9, 2010

251- Double-Duty Wednesday

By now you all know that I work as an ordinance worker at the Provo Temple on Wednesdays. I frequently get home absolutely bushed... but occasionally, like today, I get home with lots of energy. (more on that in a minute)

I love the Temple gardens this time of year! All the flowers and plants are in full bloom! They're mature and drinking the late summer sunshine. But I know that their days are numbered. One Wednesday I will walk up the hill and find that all of *my* beautiful summer flowers have been *ripped out* to make way for the spring planting. Yes, I know it is necessary... but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

251- provo temple

In my gardens, and I'm sure I do it the wrong way, all of my plants and bulbs coexist all year long. The iris are still showing their beautiful fan foliage along with the late summer zinnias. If I dig too deep, or in the wrong place I will dig up my daffodil and tulip bulbs... but that's just the way I swing!

OK, now for the double duty part. I got home and my yard was crying for some attention! It has been so long since I edged my lawn that I can't even remember when it was (and I'm sure my neighbors can't remember either). So I drug out all of my power tools (ar-ar-arh) and went at it. I always love the look when I've finished and I've never been afraid of hard work.

But, as DeLoris would tell me, "I'm not 30 anymore!" I came in and made the mistake of laying down on the couch to watch America's Got Talent with Gordon and 2 hours later I could hardly get up. I was able to limp upstairs to a hot bath... I'll feel better tomorrow.

2 comments:

Sarah E Boucher said...

You crazy Caraway women! But all the nutty stuff you ladies do keeps you young...even if it makes you feel old ;) Ibuprofen and plenty of rest...my personal favorite.

Laura H said...

I love that you do the yard work. My husband had never cared what the yard looks like. I've done the mowing all these years and he fixes the sprinklers after I mow over them.