Feb 11, 2009

042 Black Swan

I found these beauties when I was out and about on my serendipitous photo explore on Monday. I didn't know there were black swans! A quick Google search uncovered some interesting facts. They were first described by botanist John Latham in 1790. Prior to that time the term *black swan* was used to denote something that probably didn't exist.

Photobucket
FONTS- Problem Secretary, CK Cursive, BRUSH- KPertiet_LedgerGrids-9, CoffeeShop Vivid Action, CoffeeShop Grunge Frame BRUSHES- My love hearts

What's more I didn't know there was a somewhat negative connotation to the term Black Swan Theory. And a book by the same name.

But enough of all that... I spotted these beautiful cobs (male swans) swimming in a little pond right next door to the Three Little Pigs!

Photobucket

And I'm not kidding... the piggies were so cute; one all black, one mostly pink and one pink and black but none of them were trying to build houses of straw, sticks or brick ;) So sad, I had to shoot through this ugly fence!

With some inspiration from my sweet niece, Cindy's Rosehaven Cottage Blog, I got a little creative with some brushes. What caught my eye when I was taking this photo what how the cobs neck and its reflection made a heart shape. Yes, serendipity!

No comments: