Feb 13, 2009

044/365

So... do you ever have one of those days when you just wake up cranky? I did today; our stupid little dog decided he was going to be restless last night and tromp all over the bed demanding to get in bed with me, instead of where he belongs on Gordon's side of the bed (he just runs too hot for me; I wake up roasting). I always can tell when I am sleep deprived because everything looks so bleak. OK rant over, that has nothing to do with today's post except to say that I still have a choice how to spend my day even when I'm tired and cranky!

I finished Sandie's *wedding ensemble* today! Whew, and yippee! I didn't want to be last minute, I don't like to work that way. Since I won't be able to get a photo of her in it for several more days (maybe even waiting until the wedding day on 3-6-9, how cool is that!) Anyway I got creative with a POTD for today. I spent at least an hour just monkeying around with the layers, papers, shadows, scalloped mat, etc. So here it is... brown and green... it doesn't get much better than that!
044 dress
FONTS- Problem Secretary, CK Cursive, BRUSH- KPertiet_LedgerGrids-9, Carrie-Stephens-SD-swirly-floral, Carrie-Stephens-SD-lime-delight

Just as I was finishing the dress photo I looked out my window (and what did I see???) but two of our darling neighborhood boys creeping around the edges of Lake Lewis. Finally one of them does *the stomp*! AHHHHhhhh... I grabbed my camera, ran downstairs and hollering,

"Don't move! Wait for me!" (I'm sure they think I am going to do... I don't know what?)

Cute little brother says, "I'm in a hurry to go to a birthday party."

"That's OK", says I. "Let me put my camera on burst... OK STOMP!!!"

Then I had to come in and call Mama and explain that those wet sneakers and pants... yeah, that's my fault! ;) I love to watch boys being boys!

044 puddle splash
FONTS- Problem Secretary, CK Cursive, BRUSH- KPertiet_LedgerGrids-9, free_high_res_texture_45

8 comments:

Sandie's Spot said...

OOOOHHH IT'S SOOOO PRETTY!!!
I can't wait to try it on!! The coat is gorgeous!
a MILLION thank yous!

Dean and Sheri said...

Brown and green...probably my two favorite colors. Good job Joanie.

I have to say that I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE the Lake Lewis "splashers" photo!
Love, Sheri

Anonymous said...

What a pretty coat and the splash picture is great but...I was reading your profile and you say of yourself "I'm kind of crazy girl . . . and then you have this picture of "Angelic Joanie". . . where's the picture of you sitting in the Fred Flintstone car or changing clothes in a parking lot or...must I go on? Just having fun with you. Love you and miss you P

Anke said...

wow, I am impressed! Very cool outfit and pages. I go away for 2 weeks and you have like a gazillion posts! Trying to catch up here!

Joanie said...

Anke,
Funny, funny... that is what happens when you are gone for TWO WEEKS (good for you) and I am doing a project 365... hope you have fun catching up. I'm having fun with my project. It has given me *new* eyes.
Hugs,
Joanie

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

I love the wedding ensemble! So beautiful (of course I LOVE the green). And the photo of the foot stomp is darling. I'm so glad you caught that moment. I like how you can see the birthday bag behind his leg. Wonder if the present stayed dry.

Cindy

Mom and Dad said...

KIDS!!! More particularly, Boy KIDS! Love it, love it! Glad you called Mommy and wore the black hat in the whole deal. All that rough-neck boy stuff validates me somehow!
Now -- Missy Stylish Sewer and Photographer -- Wow! Very, very nice job of stitching, arranging and clicking!
And, you warm my heart with your "Choosing to Spend the Day Happy". How much better can you be than that???
YOU are my HERO, Joanie!!!
Annie

Lillie said...

Ha Ha! I know who the little brother is, in fact, he was on his way to MY house for Ben's birthday party:)