Sep 5, 2009

248- Raisins- Part deux

OK... well, there was one of the shortest lived experiments in my life! I woke up this morning at dawn to find that it was sprinkling! Maybe that is why the idea of Utah Raisins has never caught on!! I guess you just have to have that wonderful Central Valley climate to make good sun-dried raisins.

So I brought the whole mess inside, tarp and all. I am now in the process of picking them all off the stems and putting them into the dehydrator! What a bunch of mindless work. I have Emma on my MP3 player to keep me company, so I am giving Harry a break this time... he is in the car.

248- raisins

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the raisins. I have never listened/read Emma. How is it?
Mary

Joanie said...

Mary, this is my 3-4 time with Emma. I love Jane Austen... she is the best. You would like it.

Breanne said...

Holy Cow you are one busy lady! Thank you so much for all your help and work this week. It is very much appreciated and a huge stress relief for me. Your the best!

Mom and Dad said...

So do the raisins dry OK in the dryer. They don't get to hard?
You must be my sister -- You do things in funny ways. You make me laugh. Think I whould be in the same pickle as you if I had the choice.

Dean and Sheri said...

That "mess" sure makes a pretty picture!

Sarah E Boucher said...

My mom does seem like the type that would try that sort of thing too eh? Probably dry them in one of the back bedrooms then completely forget about them! Austen in all forms is WONDERFUL! I especially love the movies...good for Sunday viewing :)