Sep 28, 2009

271- Ick-Lick

Last evening when I was cleaning up after dinner I was putting away the leftover Yummy Easy Chicken (recipe to follow). This is one of my favorite dinners; lots of yummy chicken gravy to have over rice, UMMM-umm! When I picked up an empty 1-liter water bottle from the sink and threw it away in the recycle bin I notice had a spot of chicken gravy on my finger. I quickly licked it off...

ick...ick...ICK... ICK!!! Grab a tissue, wipe furiously at my tongue, ick, gag, ick-ick, gag-gag... run to the bathroom!!! Whew, rinse, brush the poor tongue, rinse again! Deep exhale... sigh... It wasn't my yummy chicken gravy... IT WAS A BLOB OF PINEAPPLE HAND SOAP! (Shiver!)

271- ick
Exhibit A


Yummy Easy Chicken

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
1-2 Tbs butter
2 cans cream of chicken soup (or 1 c of c and 1 cream of mushroom)
1/2 can water
various herbs (it's different every time but I like: sage, poultry seasoning, thyme, or an herb blend)

In a large skillet brown chicken pieces in butter on both sides. Add soup, water and herbs. Cover and simmer about 15-20 minutes. Serve over steamed rice (my favorite is Jasmine rice!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laugh!

Sarah E Boucher said...

Very nice my crazy auntie! Bet that was super tasty. Just cuz it smells nice does not mean you should taste it, silly lady!