Sep 17, 2009

260- The Path Less Traveled

I'm feeling just a little philosophical tonight. I started the day with a walk around the main lake at Yosemite Lakes Park (fondly know as YLP to the locals) while Rebekah and her cohorts were kick-boxing (No, I'm not going to kick-box and I promise I won't take embarrassing photos of you again!)

260- path

I love to walk alone in the woods and this is a pleasant little 1 mile hike. I saw an elderly gentleman, feeding the ducks. I suspect he may have a daily ritual of this. I saw other walkers and one jogger ("All my friends that jog are dead!" Gordon B Hinckley). I thought of all the times as a child that I would take just these kinds of walks... cool shade, warm sun, powdery dirt under my feet and in my flip-flops (except back then I called them thongs... I don't dare say that today... gross!)

Rebekah warned me that there were a couple of places where the path forked and told me which way I needed to go. I thought about that proverbial "path/road less traveled". It was so easy to see which path was less traveled. I was in no danger of being lost. I could see the weed on one and the footprints on the other.

It made me think about the paths of life. Today we have so many *BAD* well traveled paths that I have to desire to follow. The good news is that I do have the a good road map for my life. The perfect example who is the way, the truth and the light.

1 comment:

Laura H said...

Beautiful picture. I love to take walks and kickboxing!! That quote from President Hinckley is hilarious.