Sep 1, 2009

244- Grapes

Early this spring I posted a photo of my bare grape vines. I likened them unto the Savior, who is the true vine, from whom we receive strength and nourishment.

This year I have been blessed with a bumper crop of grapes. So far there I've picked a strawberry flat full for the grandkids and neighbors have filled 7-8 five-gallon buckets!... and there are still gobs of grapes left.

I went out this morning and got the light coming in through the grape arbor... what a beautiful sight. As I've worked on this photo (and the new Sept frame) and done housework I've reflected on how easy it is to share the "fruit of my vines" but am I as quick to share the "Fruit of the True Vine"? I hope that I am.

garden

1 comment:

Dean and Sheri said...

A few Septembers ago Dean and I were staying at an old inn in Lugano Switzerland, just over the border from Italy. To get to the front door you walked under a long pergola that was covered in grape vines and ripe fruit. The scent was intoxicatingly sweet. Each time we would return "home" or leave for the day I would think about the 'sweetness of the fruit of our Saviors gospel'.
Thanks Joanie. What a good thought to start my day.