Sep 30, 2009

273-(6864) First Snow on Maple Mountain

Our storm arrived right on schedule... "Fritz said it would be like this!". The snow line is hanging about 1000' above the valley floor looking very much like someone VERY large had fun with the powdered sugar.

Isn't it interesting how we become very possessive of things? This is *my* Maple Mountain! In the few short years we've lived here I've come to love her deeply. I heard sisters talking at the Temple today about how they knew they would be able to see snow on *my* mountain... I suppose I will let them look!

I am so grateful for this connectedness that I feel here in Springville. In so many ways it has been like moving back to Greenville. The weather is so similar. I know that some people get aggravated with the sudden changes in weather that we experience here... but it is so familiar that I could dance with glee!

273- snow on Maple Mt

Another of the Lord's tender mercies.

** So are you still wondering about my title? Who can tell me about the additional numbers? I'll tell you tomorrow if you haven't figured it out!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The number is the snow level??? I had the best toast today with current jelly on it. Yummmmm Thanks. It was pretty cool here today, I don't think we even made 90.

Anonymous said...

You've got me!

Camille said...

Puh-lease! Of course I know those numbers...you could have put 661 in the front :) or 805. Either one applies. I miss that number.

Laura H said...

I remember our number 273-2825.

Joanie said...

Yay Camille! I knew you would know. And Laura... you are so right!