Sep 10, 2009

253- Yellow Dahlia

This spring I planted a bag of mixed dahlia bulbs. Only about a third of them even grew, but those that did... wow! Most of them are a reddish-pink but I have this one pale yellow that is growing in the backyard. It is just lovely but not as large as the others.

253- yellow dahlia

This is always one of my favorite times of year. All of the summer flowers are at their peak and thick in their borders. I wish there was a way to lengthen out this time just a little. But all too soon we will have a killing frost and all I will have is lots of dead vegetation that needs to be pruned, pulled out and recycled.

Ah, but that also means the leaves will start to turn and there will be that snap in the air! Yes, I do like the changing seasons... but for now I will enjoy summer's last hoorah!

1 comment:

Mom and Dad said...

I loved looking out your back window at the yard. I DID see your dalias. What a sweet wreath they make around the tree.
Love what you do! Annie