Sep 19, 2009

262- Another California Sunset

Tonight Bek and I went out for a twilight walk! We were treated to another beautiful CA sunset for our troubles.

262- sunset
(marsupial-pocket camera-phone photo)

When we got back it was still hot (in the 80s) so I went out to dabble my feet in the pool. Only one problem... I misjudged where the step was and when I stepped in, in the dark, I went down with a ginormous splash! All I could think of was, "AHHHHH, SAVE THE CELL PHONE!! I'm not sure how I managed it but I fell with my left hip up out of the water. Bek came and got my NEW phone; fortunately it was dry. Since I was already wet I sat in the pool for about half an hour. It sure did feel good. We watched the beautiful stars that are so bright here at YLP with no artificial light. I saw two shooting stars and one fast moving satellite.

The next funny came when Tadhg came out... "Are you guys skinny-dipping?" I retorted, "Not on purpose!" He turned and headed for the door as fast as possible. But we stopped him and reassured him that we were all dressed, albeit wet.

1 comment:

Mom and Dad said...

#1 - I love the label on the bottom of the pic -- I can see I have you converted to the correct name of that sort of camera, ie MPCP!!
#2 - So Wayne called over to me from the computer room. He says, "You have to read this one from Joanie. It is really funny!"
#3 - Enjoy the 80's in CA. I called Beck in Kearns. She says, "I'm cold. It's 47 up here." Tonight we have low 30' forecast for Sevier Valley. Had to cover the tomatoes.
I am glad you are enjoying your kiddies -- ALL of them!