Nov 24, 2009

328- Frozen Thistle

Yesterday on my explore out to Miss Lewis' class I had my camera at the ready to take photos of all the interesting things I KNEW I would see. I wasn't disappointed! There are just so many wonderful things to see and capture on film on that trek across the valley to the far side of the lake. I will be sharing those with you over the next few days.

We had a light but blowing snow on Sunday night and although much of it had melted, the north face of this tenacious thistle was still ice encrusted. I love how you can see the bubbles in the ice! I got this with my 50mm lens! This is untouched except a slight unsharpen mask (which never makes sense to me since an unsharpen mask sharpens things!!)

328- frozen thistle

Growing up I always liked the look of a thistle in full bloom... (but I couldn't like it when I stepped on them in our lawn! This is where you laugh like a manic, P!) Where I lived we had purple and pink. Since leaving Greenville I've only seen purple until...

328- pink thistle

Camille and I hiked the Y last spring! I was so happy to see that there are pink thistles here too.

1 comment:

Dean and Sheri said...

In bloom it looks like a sea anemone! So cool.