Nov 20, 2009

324- In-n-Out...

In-n-Out... that's what a hamburger's all about! Do you remember this jingle?



I wrote almost two months ago all stoked because I saw that we were FINALLY getting an In-n-Out in Orem. Well, it opened yesterday. I, sadly, couldn't get there yesterday, but today...

I WAS GOING!

I got up early and went to do a session at the Provo Temple with the understanding that I would call Gordon when I left the Temple and headed to In-n-Out so he could meet me for lunch. I knew that traffic would be CRAZY for the drive-thru (or eat in) line. When I got there I found that the drive-thru line snaked all around the parking lot back down to 1400S and then back into the parking lot! I was in for the count!

The first In-n-Out employee I got to talk to was way at the back of the line. I asked him if he was from around here and he responded that he wasn't he was from the Bay Area in CA. He told me that In-n-Out had brought in employees from all over for this opening and that he would be here for 4-6 weeks. We chatted for a while and now I had a quest. As I got to each new parking lot director I asked where they were from and before I left wished them a happy stay in Utah. I found lots of friendly faces from CA, NV and AZ. Not surprisingly I was only in line for about 30 minutes. They really know how to move those burgers.

I finally got to where I could actually see the building! Yeah... I could almost taste my cheeseburger with grilled onions!

324- almost to in-n-out

And here is perhaps the happiest face I saw! What a cutie! This is Shaun... tell him *hi* for me when you go get your burger!

324- smiling shaun

Ah, can you smell that? Does your mouth water? It should! These are my very favoritest hamburgers in the whole world! And because I am such a nice Mommie I got Stuart lunch and delivered it (and him) to campus just in time for a class and then a test.!

324- in-n-out burgers
FRAME- SP_ShabbyBorders1_StraightShabbyBorder, FONT- Georg, Freebooters Script JOURNALING PATH- JSprague_4-squareTemplate BRUSHES- RhonnaFarrer_2ps_SnapShotFrameKit, ACTION- DPMoms Perfect Workflow, TEXTURES- blue church window, forest fire, etheral 2, big bokeh II, Sunlight (left), seagrass by kaleidoscope

Being Miss Curious I had to find out about the opening yesterday. I talked to another very nice lady, manager-ish age, she told me that yesterday's opening of the Orem and Draper stores was the biggest opening In-n-Out ever had. But even more impressive was the fact that Orem, alone, was in the Top 5 for grand openings! Yes... we've all been waiting for our hamburgers to get to us here in Utah!

There have been several things that I've really missed since I moved to Utah. #1 In-n-Out #2 El Pollo Loco #3 Steer n' Stein's fried zucchini... Now I have 2 out of three here! My tastebuds are happy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH now I can come see you. HA HA Miss you sooooooo much

Brent Iverson said...

Of all fast food burger joints I prefer this one for taste and convenience (5 minutes from my office), and it's rated the healthiest of all major chains too.

Camille said...

I see how it is! You get In-n-Out for Stuart but not for me! Thanks a lot!