Jan 15, 2009

015- Limited in Number... ONLY 3

For my fellow Jane Austen fans, I'm sure you'll recognized this quote from Emma. Today I feel like that... how can I limit myself to only three? But I hope they are not very dull things!

I love carrying my little camera with me. I feel like I have new eyes. Today I was headed to Camille's school (more later) I dipped down into the *bottoms* that is where it gets the coldest and where the hoar frost grows! Oh, I just love the look of hoar frost.

The first time I remember seeing it I was just a little girl on a very cold fall morning walking to school. I found a red leaf in the "short-cut" that was covered with hoar frost. I wanted so badly to take it with me to school for show and tell but by the time I got it to school the frost had melted from the warmth of my hand.

015 Hoar frost a

Today I stopped as soon as I could find a safe wide spot and started snapping away... so that is where my only three comes in... I had to whittle my number (say that with the English accent) to three (trill that R)!

015 Hoar frost b

As I got out to the fields that must be traversed to get to Camille's school there was more hoar frost encrusted trees, but by now it had warmed a little and the frost was starting to fall. It looked like fairy dust sparkling down to the road. Do you ever wish that you could photograph things the way you see them? I do... often I feel like there is so much lost in the 2-D capture.

015 Timpanogos & Frozen UT Lake

Lastly, here is Utah Lake, frozen and covered with snow. It is a large lake, but not too deep. This is the view from Camille's school. Kind of make that commute worth it to get to look at this every day. And, btw, that is Timpanogos again in the background ruling over her valley.

4 comments:

Anke said...

these shots are just gorgeous!!!!! How do you put that cute outline around them, I love that!
Thanks for the Taylormade link, that tutorial was so much fun!!

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

Absolutely gorgeous photos! These could be on a calendar! WOW!

Love,
Cindy

Mom and Dad said...

I know what you mean about having "new eyes" when you're looking for photos to capture. Feels like you've never seen those things before, yet they were there.
Love your insights!!! Annie

Anonymous said...

We needed a shot of Timp that my son could use to sketch a poster for his Utah County project. Yours was the best silhouette we could find on-line. He and I agree that your pictures are *breathtaking*.

Thanks!
Rebecca in Salem