Jan 16, 2009

016- Ya Teach Your Kids...

... to grow up and lead independent, responsible, adult live... AND THEN DARNED IF THEY DON'T JUST GO AND DO IT!!!! (Quoted from a very wise woman… ME)

When Stuart arrived home from his 2-year mission to the Ireland Dublin Mission just over 2 years ago I knew that he wouldn’t stay at home forever. But this week we finally arrived at that day when he moved out and up to campus. Can I just say, “That doesn’t make me like it any better!”

Will I get used to being an empty-nester again? Sure I will, we’ve spent several years that way… but it will take some getting used to for both of us. It’s one of those bittersweet moments when you realize that everything you’ve worked so hard for all your life has finally happened and now we move on to the next season.

016
This is a composite photo of Stuart moving out and the empty room. (FONTS- Problem Secretary, CK Cursive, BRUSH- KPertiet_LedgerGrids-9, OVERLAY- kimi's homework overlay green)

3 comments:

Anke said...

I love how you did this Joanie, superexposing the 2 pics like that. Great idea!!!! It is hard to see them leave I bet, I will still have to go through that in a few years

Mom and Dad said...

When Andy left for his mission, I didn't go in his room for about 3 months.
David left a mess. I had to go in earlier.
Sam left the smell of his aftershave, so it was hard to go in there.
By the time Joe & Jake left, I was a bit more used to it, and although I didn't much like their being gone, I knew I wouldn't die.
At least, they DO come back to visit!
Great pic, Joanie. It captures it all!!

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

What a great representation of a bittersweet milestone for all of you.

Love,
Cindy