Jan 27, 2009

027 Frozen Berries

This just may be my favorite winter ever! We had our few days of *balmy* reprieve (45 degrees), then lots of luscious snow and now today sunshine! Yep, this is shaping up nicely!

After blowing snow this morning I decided that I wanted to go for a walk sans-Harley (he gets too dirty!). I was almost out of the neighborhood when I realized I'd forgotten my camera; so back I went. It was cold today, never getting above about 25 degrees. But when the sun is shining and the wind isn't blowing it just doesn't feel that cold.

This day I decided that I hadn't been up to the dam for a long time; I set off up the wonderful walking/bike trail that goes up Hobble Creek Canyon. On the way back I saw this beautiful little tree just loaded with lots of bright red berries with fresh powdered snow on top. Out of the 40+ photos I took on my jaunt, this had to be my #1 pick of the day (Have I mentioned before how much I LOVE digital?!!)

027 berries

When I got home I saw that Kimi had posted her Kreative homework for the week. The berries were just perfect for this technique. What do you think?

027 berries poster

This last shot is just for my sweet niece! On the way back the wind started blowing into my face and I got quite cold. As I adjusted my scarf it made me remember Sarah's post about her *beard*! (I love the detail in my glasses)

027 joanie

Happy, happy winter day!

3 comments:

Dean and Sheri said...

Beautiful Joanie! All your photos are beautiful. I used to subscribe to something called photo of the day through msn if I remember correctly. Well, forget that. I'll just keep logging onto your blog every few days. Thanks so much.
Sheri

Mom and Dad said...

The berries are beautiful. The worked-over one is nice, but I like your photograph better!
And love the beard!!
That is a great scarf!!
And a great and funny sis!!
You make me smile.

Erika Graham said...

I absolutely loved this blog. I thought the photo of the berry tree was absolutley amazing...since you know we would never find anything as beautiful as a berry tree here in the antelope valley...Just wanted to tell ya how much i love your blogs, they make me wish My blog looked as crafty as yours..well hope you are staying warm. Take Care. Erika Mortimer