Jan 23, 2009

023 The Draper Temple

This morning as I was contemplating my day's activity I thought, "What a wonderful photo journal I am making for myself." As I've previously stated, I've never been an every-day journaler. The closest I came was for part of 2007 when I would write a couple of lines on my Far Side calendar before bed. I recognized that I miss so many little things that might just be helpful to me at some future point. Anyway... just a happy thought about my project.

Today's photo is of the new Draper Temple. It is, fittingly, in Draper, UT, about 35 miles from our house. For a couple of months prior to the actual dedication of the Temple there is an open house, where the public can tour the temple. This is a beautiful building with the interior all done in these wonderful smokey-teal colors... almost a sage green... but with that teal cast. It, of course, is wonderfully decorated and has beautiful craftsmanship. The recommend desk is dark marble from China (?) that has these iridescent blue/teal/peacock spots in it, very beautiful.

It was a very foggy, rainy day today and some of my photos were mostly fog! After our tour and bus ride back to where we'd parked Gordon and I drove back up to the Temple in hopes that there would be a little clearing in the fog. I was able to snap this one from the car and it was the best of the bunch!

023
FONTS- Problem Secretary, CK Cursive, BRUSH- KPertiet_LedgerGrids-9, CoffeeShop.com Color Pop Vignette Action

I was able to feel the Spirit there testifying that it is indeed the House of the Lord. What a wonderful time to live in.

No comments: