Jan 31, 2009

031- This is My Father's House

We got a call last night asking if we would be able to help clean the church today in preparation for tomorrow's meetings. With so many families in our ward this opportunity doesn't come around very often and we gladly accepted.

It is with gratitude that I cleaned windows, door handles, chalkboard trays and sprinkled ice melt on the north facing sidewalk. I love the reverent feeling of being the only one in the chapel as I look for crumbs, paper and misplaces hymn books.

What a marvelous time we live in; we are free to worship "how, where and what we may" without any persecution!

It is with reverence that I clean my Father's house...

Photobucket

FONTS- Problem Secretary, CK Cursive, BRUSH- KPertiet_LedgerGrids-9, http://www.flickr.com/photos/playingwithpsp/sets/72157604052440248/

2 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

As YW pres, we were assigned to gather the trash on Sundays after meeting. The girls weren't too excited, but I told them it was a privilege to "groom the chapel" after meetings. I wanted them to have the same sort of blessing we learned in Greenville, planting petunias and rosebushes and mowing the lawn. As you said, what a blessed privilege to serve the Lord in this sweet way! One little thing or two we can do to help out!
Aren't we lucky the way Mom raised us in Greenville??
Love ya, my Joanie!! Annie

Sarah E Boucher said...

Auntie, I love this photo from the outside looking in...very nice. That picture almost invites you in, doesn't it? The tabernacle by the temple has a gigantic painting of Christ facing the road, peering out the window. I love to see that. It's awesome. That invitation to "Come and see." Very powerful.