Aug 28, 2010

240- Christian's Special Day

Today our sweet little grandson, Christian was baptized; what a special day! I am so glad that we are close enough for us to be with him today.

When Ashton was baptized I made her a special white baptism dress. As we anticipated Christian's baptism I asked him if there was anything he would like me to make for him: a vest or something. He wasn't sure so he said he'd get back to me. He called a few days later and exclaimed, "Grammie, I would like a pink tie please!" He was also given a suit by a kind neighbor. He looks stylin'!

240- christian

Christian also asked me if I would lead the music for his baptism program. I gladly accepted! I was pretty sure that Ashton would be the pianist and she was. How many 10-year old girls (or boys, for that matter) can sit down and play anything in the Primary hymn book? She is awesome and was a lovely accompanist; which we all know is much harder than just playing the piano.

The minute Ashton started to play the opening song I started to cry. Sorry Jess. The Spirit was just so strong.

240- ashton

Namma and I share these wonderful children and grandchildren... what a blessing. But poor Namma is literally flat-on-her-back with deteriorating vertebrae and herniated disks. She's been in bed for the last 3 months. I just can't like that!

240- namma

I got to hold baby-Sophie as we passed her around. She has got the fattest, squishiest thighs on the plant. Namma wants to know why that doesn't look so appealing on girls our age.

240- sophie

I couldn't resist capturing Christian's kickin' old-man eyebrows!

240- kickin' old man eyebrows

And this shot... it makes me cry. Doug (our little my-my-my-Dougie) broke both bones in his arm just above the wrist and needed his Daddy's assistance tying his tie.

240- daddy & dougie

What a wonderful blessing to be able to gather with our family and celebrate these special times.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I LOVE these photos! Thank you for taking them. And thank you for coming. It was such a special day!

Mom and Dad said...

What a sweet, sweet family these kids are . . . and how wonderfully their children have grown up! I loved seeing them in July, and this occasion is just special with your pics and all -- and I love Jess's photo on her comment . . .
Poor Doug, with his broken wing.