May 3, 2009

123- Reaping Where They Sowed

All of my adult life I've moved into houses that would be referred to as a *fixer-upper*. Usually the yards were non-existent and the inside was in need of lots of help.

This house...

123- My home

... what a blessing to move here and find that the previous owners had put much so love and hard work into it. I am reaping what they sowed!

I could just start enumerating the list of everything they did that I love and am so thankful for; but for today I will sing the praises of my Japanese Maple. It is planted in a nice ivy-covered flowerbed just outside my front window. I love the color red (almost as much as I love the color green!) This beautiful tree gives me a seasonal show of color and beauty. It starts in the spring with this bright, clear scarlet. It has little dancing fairies that play in the afternoon breeze... [can you see their little tutus?]

123- Japanese Maple

Through the summer it fades to an orange-y red and then a yellowish-mottled-green. In the fall it returns to a similarly beautiful scarlet that it displayed in the spring.

What a delight!

FONTS- Problem Secretary, CK Cursive, BRUSH- KPertiet_LedgerFrames, CoffeeShop Texture 1, Selective vignette. I picked the selective vignette color from the leaves... I love the effect.

3 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

Joanie, I love the lacy tracing of the delicate little leaves, and especially the delightful teeny beadlike flowers this time of year. It looks like a florist's creation!
And I love your lovely home, for the fact that it is a beautiful place, and because my lovely, delightful, choice Sister lives there and makes it warm and homey. Such a blessing YOU are, my Dear! I was never so glad as when I knew you were closeby and saw then the home that said "Joanie, Joanie, Joanie!" It fits you so well.
Love you, love you!

Sarah Elizabeth said...

Ooh, that's what they look like? I hope I didn't kill my baby then, because it will grow up into that! Sweet! (As long as it is not actually dead!)

Anke said...

We have one of those and I just love it! your shots of it are gorgeous!